Dear Winchester Families and Colleagues:
I hope you and your family are well and able to enjoy today's sunshine and brisk spring weather. I wanted to provide a couple of quick updates for you:
- In response to guidance from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, we are working to develop a clear and simple summary of the Individual Distance Learning Plan for students who usually receive special education services. This will document our plans to support students with disabilities during school closure. We appreciate your patience as we develop and send these plans to families.
- If your family is in need of support for our breakfast and lunch delivery program, please contact Ellen Whittemore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
. Winchester Got Lunch, EnKa, WFEE, and other community groups continue to support Winchester families/students in need and are grateful for your financial contributions if you are able to give at this time.
- There is a link on our website for technology device support, along with other helpful resources: https://sites.
- We are hopeful for a regular opening in the fall according to the calendar on our website, but planning for a number of possible scenarios related to social distancing and re-orientation strategies for our students. Stay tuned for a survey soon to collect more information about distance learning and fall plans. Incoming kindergarten families should look for communication soon from building principals about virtual orientation.
- It is likely that many of our summer programs will be cancelled due to the continuing need for social distancing. We will communicate more information in mid-May about these programs.
- We are planning a big event on Friday May 1st to celebrate our seniors: Senior Parade. We miss all our students very much and look forward to this chance to honor our graduates.
Until we meet again, I hope you stay safe and well.
Judith A. Evans, Ed.D.